Sunday, October 14, 2012

Basil Pesto Gnocchi

I once attempted to make gnocchi... attempted, and failed miserably.  Which is why I was rather excited today to find that Tesco now stock their own brand of Gnocchi that is vegan!  I took them straight home, whipped up some pesto and have just finished munching down on one seriously good gnocchi dish - my new favourite 5 minute meal!




Basil Pesto Gnocchi

Ingredients:

½ packet Trattoria Verdi Gnocchi

2 cups fresh basil
¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
3 large cloves garlic
2 tsp Dairy Free Chedareese Powder
walnut oil
olive oil
salt to taste

To make the pesto, simply blitz all of the ingredients in a food processor until very smooth.  Add the different oils until you reach a consistency that you like and then salt to taste.

Bring a pot of water to the boil and add in the gnocchi.  After about three minutes they will rise to the top and they are done.

Simply drain, mix through a few big spoonfuls of pesto and serve.

I like to make pesto once a week and just keep it in the fridge for a quick after work meal.

Notes:  I like my pesto to be really salty and garlicy if I am using it on pasta, so put in less of each if you prefer a milder taste or are planning to eat it on bread as a dip.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment