Monday, August 6, 2012

Spicy Sichaun Noodles 四川麻辣面

Out of all the many wonders I found on Chinese menu's when I lived there for a wee spell, it was the humble noodle that got me hooked and what I dream about the most.  If I was to ever venture back it would be under the guise of visiting friends, but the real truth of it would be rather more glutinous than that!

And while I bide my time before that day, when I can once again stuff my chops with bowl after bowl of noodles, I have managed to make at least one of my favourites and thought I'd be so kind to share!




Spicy Sichuan Noodles   四川麻辣面


Ingredients:

1 packet of noodles
1 clove garlic, chopped finely
1 nob ginger, chopped finely
2 spring onions, chopped
1 tbs Yeo's Hot Bean Sauce
1 tbs Lee Kum Kee Chilli Garlic Sauce
1 tbs soy sauce
½ cup water
1 tbs crunchy peanut butter
1 tsp sugar
salt to taste
sesame oil
Sichuan Peppercorn oil
fresh coriander to garnish
Crushed roasted peanuts to garnish


Method:

Cook noodles according to packet instructions and set aside.

In a pan add a good dash of sesame oil and regular oil and fry the garlic, ginger and white parts of the spring onions (leaving the green for garnish).

Add the hot bean sauce and chili garlic sauce and fry until fragrant.

Add the water and soy sauce and bring to the boil.

Add in the peanut butter, sugar and salt and mix.

Put the noodles in a bowl and pour the sauce over top.  Sprinkle with good dashes or sesame and peppercorn oil and top with spring onions, coriander and peanuts before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment